writings, projects and exhibitions of Clarissa Chikiamco

Monday, January 31, 2011

Time Ruptures & Lee Aguinaldo

Please click here to read my article out in Philippine Star today: Time Ruptures & Lee Aguinaldo. I actually wrote another article, Lee Aguinaldo: Artist of Appropriation, that I was going to replace with this current article but I suppose my instructions about this weren't caught "in time", so to speak! (Forgive my puns on this Monday)





A few pictures of the Lee Aguinaldo works mentioned in my article... Above - The Freeze Freak, 1979, pencil, ink and acrylic, Private Collection. Left: Illuminated Interior, 1979, pencil and ink on photograph, Cultural Center of the Philippines Collection. Right: Erased Pieter de Hooch About 1978, 1978, reproduction with pencil drawing and erasures, Private Collection. Below:
Untitled (Face & figure studies), 1951, pen and ink on paper, 35 x 27.8 cm. Private Collection.

In other announcements, Tad Ermitano's first solo exhibition, Passage, the first of a series of solo exhibitions of artists presenting new video work as part of End Frame Video Art Project 3: Present, the festival I'm curating, has an extended run. You can still catch it at Pablo Gallery, C-11 South of Market Condominium, 11th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, until 5 February, Saturday. Gallery hours are Tues - Sat, 12 - 7 pm. Thanks to everyone who came to Tad's talk last Saturday!

No comments: