writings, projects and exhibitions of Clarissa Chikiamco

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

State of the Art

Preview's July 2007 issue features Jason Moss in the Artscene! :) Please check out more of his stuff at http://weloveintimidation.com/jasonmoss! He's just got an overwhelming lot of experience and friends at such young an age, it'll be interesting to see how he progresses :) Some of his works kind of remind me of the late Onib Olmedo, THE Filipino expressionist who I think should be named a National Artist. (The very much awaited retrospective of Olmedo, by the way, opens on 27 September 2007, Thursday, at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Come and see the show!)

This issue marks a whole year of my writing for Preview magazine since my first issue was July last year. This is actually only my 10th Artscene article (Artscene was absent August 2006 and April 2007). It's great to find a magazine that really recognizes creativity especially with their annual Creative IT list (and I loooooove the artists that I wrote about this year - it comes out in October)! Funny how things come full circle - the title of my first article for Preview was Starter Art and now for my 12th, it's State of the Art!

I'm very excited about Preview's November issue - it's on video art, woohoo! Visual Pond, the non-profit organization that Rica Estrada, Tenten Mina and I set-up (with initial help from Cheska Tanada) is busy full throttle with our second video art festival, End Frame Video Art Project II: Daily Disclosures, which opens on 12 October 2007. You can check out our website at http://endframe.visualpond.org.

3:17 AM - another late night for me! I still owe everyone a post on my article in Metro Society June-July 2007 issue which is on the National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin. The current Metro Society issue out has my article on glass sculptor Ramon Orlina (and I'll be posting pics here I personally took!).

All right, that's it for me tonight. Two articles due for another publication this week o_O Time to up the caffeine!

No comments: