writings, projects and exhibitions of Clarissa Chikiamco

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Blanc, Art Informal, Heavenly Lightness + Faking It


Hello, it's September! As some of you have noticed, I have been delinquent in posting my writings lately. Last month was the completion of the Ateneo Art Awards 2007 - the exhibition and awards ceremony - and of course as coordinator of the project, that became the priority!

Well, I'll be posting a backlog of stuff this month! For right at this moment, I'm posting my articles from Metro Home's June - August 2007 issue. There are 2 gallery pieces - one on Blanc run by Jay Amante and another on Art Informal. Both galleries are relatively new and very welcome additions in the pluralism that is the Philippine art scene!

I also wrote a short piece, "Heavenly Lightness," on a talk given by Dr. Abraham Sakili on Philippine Muslim art at Lopez Museum. There's also another article on Tata Montilla, which is more of an artsy design article. I heard he was reunited with artists Cesare and Jean Marie Syjuco, old friends of his, through our interview!

Well, do pop over an email to letterstolisa@gmail.com to just say hi or whatever else. Getting these emails (knowing people are reading my writings!) always gives me the extra encouragement I need to keep on writing as it is difficult doing a full time job + managing a video art festival (we're only a group of 3!) + writing + going to all the art exhibitions that I possibly can, taking pictures while there for personal documentation! o_O Sleep? What is that again? Haha!

I've also posted more links to galleries, institutions, artist pages and will continually add more. Thanks to all the readers who are patient with my choppy posting. Hope you continue checking back the site :) I also regularly upload pictures from exhibitions that I go to on another site - email me if you want to check it out and I'll send the address.

It's 2:45 am. So good night and happy grandparents' day to all your lovely grandmas and grandpas! :)

No comments: