writings, projects and exhibitions of Clarissa Chikiamco

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Murdering By Design





"Murdering By Design," my coverage of the Murder by Design event featuring talks by Manila's sizzling graphic designers and graphic design groups, was published in Metro Him, Volume 3, No. 1, page 26 (which came out about May 2006). It was during this talk that I first met Bru and Marcushiro of Electrolychee and Mon and Jowee of Team Manila. Team Manila went on to work with us at the Ateneo Art Gallery for the 2006 Ateneo Art Awards.

This piece also marked my emergence from my "cave" of not writing for publications in a while. I used to contribute to newspapers then stopped when I reached high school to concentrate on my studies. While I wrote two pieces for Food magazine on my food experience in Melbourne and Bandung, I think it was this article that really got the ball rolling for me, especially since I want to focus on the arts.

No comments: